GM Success, Garrison’s after school academic lab, begins Monday, September 10th!
This year GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) personnel will be staffing and managing the GM Success program.
In GM Success, students can do homework, work on iReady, complete classroom assignments and get academic support and tutoring in any subject area. GM Success staff can help students in organizing, planning, reviewing and goal setting to make sure they are experiencing success in school. In addition, parents can request specific one-on-one tutoring support for their student.
GM Success is open , , Thursday and from and from The GM Success Academic Lab is located in Room 206.
For more information, contact GEAR UP Site Manager, Susan Greene at 526-1914 or .
What is GEAR UP?
GEAR UP is an acronym for:
G aining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs.
GEAR UP is a school-based program grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education and administered by Washington State University Tri-Cities. With programs in 73 school districts around the state of Washington, we help students prepare for college and gain access to financial aid.
At GEAR UP, we believe that young people who start planning in middle school have a better chance of entering college and completing their degrees.
The GEAR UP grant objectives are:
1. To provide information regarding financial aid for postsecondary education to GEAR UP students.
2. To enroll GEAR UP students in academically rigorous and challenging courses to reduce the need for college level remedial coursework.
3. To increase the number of GEAR UP students who obtain a secondary school diploma.
4. To increase the number of students attending a postsecondary educational institution.
The vision of GEAR UP is that all students are prepared academically, socially, and financially to enter and complete the postsecondary program of their choice.
GEAR UP programs provide services and support to students in the
Class of 2022 and Class of 2023 including the following:
- Academic Support
- Preparation for College Level Coursework
- Math Tutoring
- Career & College Counseling
- Campus Visits to colleges and universities
- College Financial Planning & Financial Literacy Programs
- Summer Programs
- Scholarship Resources & Assistance